Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dear Diana,
I heard your message and received the pictures of mom and dad. I am glad things are going well for you and Lee in the MTC; I envy the opportunity you have to learn from some of the smartest and most spiritual men in the church. Of course the Lord is pouring out His spirit on you too. Your mission will go by quickly so treasure every minute.
The picture of mom and dad is wonderful and I appreciate having them more than you know. I want you to know how much I love you. I am so proud of you, never more than now as you prepare to serve the Lord for the next 18 months. Your selfless service to mom was amazing. The Lord has blessed you greatly during your life, even as he tested your faith. You are married to one of the best men I know. Lee exemplifies everything I could imagine a righteous priesthood holder would be; I respect him and love him as a brother. And while the wait to marry must have been difficult for you, I never doubted the Lord would come through for you. I also know one day you will be blessed with your own children to raise. If I have learned anything in this life, it is that we are happiest when we seek to do the will of the Lord, unquestioningly. I will miss you, but I look forward to reading your blog. Linda and I pray for you every night. Boston is only 8 weeks away and my running is going well, in other words - I'm not injured. Much love, Mark

No comments: